Associate (Illinois, Partner-Track)
The Donovan Group is seeking an associate to lead the firm’s efforts in Illinois. This is a senior-level, partner-track position.
As a Donovan Group Associate in Illinois, you will lead the firm’s expansion in the state. Backed by our outstanding back office of writers, designers, developers and project managers, you will serve as the lead on Illinois projects. Extensive in-state travel is required.
The successful candidate will be a mid-career or later professional with a background in communications (school PR, non-school public relations, marketing, journalism, etc.) and have a deep desire to work with public education leaders and advance public education.
- Leading communications processes and consulting in large and small meeting formats; large group speaking.
- Advising educational leaders on best practices in communication for a wide variety of issues and challenges.
- Learning about and then staying on top of current education trends.
- Working with our back office team to develop and deliver work products and, generally, moving heaven and earth to serve our clients.
- Leading efforts to sell services in the state.
- Extremely well organized and able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- A passion for public education.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Intensity and a deep desire to work hard to accomplish goals.
- Commitment to high standards, ethics and core values.
- Interest in education communications, education policy and helping public schools and districts tell their stories and engage their stakeholders.
- Ability to remain on task and complete assignments and projects in a timely manner while working remotely.
- Existing knowledge or willingness to learn best practices in school communication.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited postsecondary institution. Master’s degree is preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team.
- A willingness to sell services and serving as the point of contact for sales.
- Submission of a resume.
1) We believe a high-quality public education is a human right and that all American children—regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, as well as that of their family—are entitled to a great public education.
2) We believe public education is one of the fundamental elements of our democracy. It is one of the best ways for all of us to make use of the talents provided to us by our maker.
3) We believe public education is changing and improving, and we believe that we can play a supporting role in fostering this change. We believe the best days of public education are yet to come.
4) We believe that those who are part of this educational change understand the responsibility to ensure all students are served, including our most vulnerable students. In public education, when we say we serve “all” students, we truly mean all.
5) We believe in honesty, transparency and forthrightness, and we understand the responsibility we have in providing taxpayers who invest in their public schools with outstanding value.
6) We believe in respecting the unique talents, skills and gifts of every team member and working together to achieve goals on behalf of our clients and the students and families they serve.