The Donovan Group is seeking a strong writer, editor, and Canva master to help our school district clients tell their stories and communicate more effectively!
- Writing and editing news releases, email messages, letters to parents, articles, social media content, brochure copy and other types of written content.
- Creating attractive, effectively designed social media graphics, flyers and other simple design pieces, using Canva.
- Working within the Basecamp project management system to communication with other Donovan Group staff, meet deadlines, deliver content, and keep projects on track.
- Editing and proofing content written by clients, with a focus on editing for messaging and flow, in addition to grammar, punctuation and proper word use.
- At times, working directly with clients to deliver content and provide guidance.
- Highly competent writer and editor with an eye for detail. Experience writing in the education space is a plus.
- Familiarity with Canva (or a similar design platform) and experience creating attractive social media graphics, infographics, simple fact sheets, and other design pieces.
- Interest in education communications, education policy and helping schools and districts tell their stories and engage their stakeholders.
- Ability to remain on task and complete assignments and projects in a timely manner while working remotely.
- Existing knowledge of or willingness to learn best practices in school communication.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited postsecondary institution
- Experience as a published writer and/or editor
- Submission of a resume, writing samples and a graphic sample
After you apply, we will review your application, resume and samples and determine if you may be a good fit. If so, we will ask you to complete an example assignment, which may include writing a piece of content and/or creating a graphic using Canva.
1) We believe a high-quality public education is a human right and that all American children—regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, as well as that of their family—are entitled to a great public education.
2) We believe public education is one of the fundamental elements of our democracy. It is one of the best ways for all of us to make use of the talents provided to us by our maker.
3) We believe public education is changing and improving, and we believe that we can play a supporting role in fostering this change. We believe the best days of public education are yet to come.
4) We believe that those who are part of this educational change understand the responsibility to ensure all students are served, including our most vulnerable students. In public education, when we say we serve “all” students, we truly mean all.
5) We believe in honesty, transparency and forthrightness, and we understand the responsibility we have in providing taxpayers who invest in their public schools with outstanding value.
6) We believe in respecting the unique talents, skills and gifts of every team member and working together to achieve goals on behalf of our clients and the students and families they serve.