The Donovan Group is seeking a strong writer, editor, communicator and project manager to help our school district clients tell their stories and communicate more effectively. This individual would work directly with the Donovan Group team and school district leaders across the United States.
This full-time position would allow you to work remotely. At times, however, you may be asked to travel to meet with the firm’s staff and/or school district clients.
- Serving as a go-to project manager for the firm’s associates, ensuring all projects remain organized and on track. This includes speaking with associates on the phone after client meetings, following up by creating to-dos and making contact with clients as needed.
- Writing and editing large numbers of news releases, email messages, letters to parents, articles, social media content, brochure copy and other types of written content.
- Creating attractive, effectively designed social media graphics, flyers and other simple design pieces, using Canva.
- Editing and proofing content written by clients, with a focus on editing for messaging and flow in addition to grammar, punctuation and proper word use.
- Using an established project management system and processes to communicate with Donovan Group associates on a daily basis. Conducting follow-ups with associates, writers and graphic designers to ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the marketing and advertising efforts of the firm.
- Extremely well organized and able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Highly competent writer and editor with an eye for detail.
- Interest in education communications, education policy and helping schools and districts tell their stories and engage their stakeholders.
- Ability to remain on task and complete assignments and projects in a timely manner while working remotely.
- Existing knowledge or willingness to learn best practices in school communication.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, intensity and a deep desire to work hard to accomplish goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited postsecondary institution
- Experience as a published writer and/or editor
- Experience using project management systems, such as Bascamp or Asana
- Submission of at least two writing samples
- Submission of a resume
1) We believe a high-quality public education is a human right and that all American children—regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, as well as that of their family—are entitled to a great public education.
2) We believe public education is one of the fundamental elements of our democracy. It is one of the best ways for all of us to make use of the talents provided to us by our maker.
3) We believe public education is changing and improving, and we believe that we can play a supporting role in fostering this change. We believe the best days of public education are yet to come.
4) We believe that those who are part of this educational change understand the responsibility to ensure all students are served, including our most vulnerable students. In public education, when we say we serve “all” students, we truly mean all.
5) We believe in honesty, transparency and forthrightness, and we understand the responsibility we have in providing taxpayers who invest in their public schools with outstanding value.
6) We believe in respecting the unique talents, skills and gifts of every team member and working together to achieve goals on behalf of our clients and the students and families they serve.