The Donovan Group is seeking an organized, enthusiastic, and responsive project assistant to assist our firm as we help our school district clients tell their stories and communicate more effectively. This individual would work directly with the Donovan Group team and school district leaders across the United States. This is a full-time position that would allow you to work 100% remotely.
Because the needs of our clients are constantly changing, the person who fills this position should be willing and able to learn new things and take on new projects, as requested.
- Speaking with Donovan Group associates on the phone after client meetings, following up by creating to-dos, and making contact with clients as needed.
- Scheduling and organizing meetings between Donovan Group associates and the firm’s clients. This includes setting calendar appointments, setting up Zoom meetings, and ensuring all parties scheduled for a call/meeting have the appropriate log-on/dial-in information.
- Attending phone or virtual meetings to take notes and provide updates on projects.
- Communicating in a professional and responsive manner with both Donovan Group staff and the firm’s clients.
- Using an established project management system and processes to communicate with Donovan Group associates on a daily basis. Conducting follow-ups with associates, writers and graphic designers to ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinating with graphic designers, writers and editors, and other team members to ensure projects run as smoothly as possible.
- Conducting basic online and market research and assisting with the firm’s marketing efforts nationwide.
- Making basic updates or changes to school district websites.
- At times, coordinating with printers and the U.S. Postal Service on graphic design pieces and mailers on behalf of school district clients.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
- Strong communication skills, with a focus on being highly responsive.
- Extremely well organized and able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- A competent writer and editor with an eye for detail.
- Ability to remain on task and complete assignments and projects in a timely manner while working remotely.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, intensity, and a deep desire to work hard to accomplish goals.
- Minimum associate degree from an accredited postsecondary institution (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Experience using project management systems, such as Basecamp
- Submission of a resume
Salary: Starting at $34,000 to $38,000/year, depending on experience.
1) We believe a high-quality public education is a human right and that all American children—regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, as well as that of their family—are entitled to a great public education.
2) We believe public education is one of the fundamental elements of our democracy. It is one of the best ways for all of us to make use of the talents provided to us by our maker.
3) We believe public education is changing and improving, and we believe that we can play a supporting role in fostering this change. We believe the best days of public education are yet to come.
4) We believe that those who are part of this educational change understand the responsibility to ensure all students are served, including our most vulnerable students. In public education, when we say we serve “all” students, we truly mean all.
5) We believe in honesty, transparency and forthrightness, and we understand the responsibility we have in providing taxpayers who invest in their public schools with outstanding value.
6) We believe in respecting the unique talents, skills and gifts of every team member and working together to achieve goals on behalf of our clients and the students and families they serve.